The Legal & Compliance team is responsible for all aspects of legal (non-transactional) and compliance matters in the business. The team consists of experienced professionals who cover a wide range of legal and compliance matters for the business.
We now have a new role for an Analyst on our Legal & Compliance team on a permanent basis. The role reports to Head of Legal & Compliance, working with other team members, you will be responsible for providing support and assistance on a wide variety of compliance matters with a particular focus on the core responsibilities noted below.
You will be a member of a high performing professional team with a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration both within the team and in our interactions across the business and with our customers, shareholders and other stakeholders. You will gain great exposure to an interesting and diverse compliance workload and will interact with a wide variety of colleagues across the business both in Ireland and in our overseas offices.
- Customer Due Diligence Reviews: Complete and document end to end customer due diligence reviews (including carrying out and reviewing PEP, Negative News and Sanctions screening) and assisting with all matters relating to our Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Compliance policies and procedures;
- Compliance Policies & Procedures: Assist in the drafting and updating of compliance policies and procedures
- Compliance Policy Implementation: Assist in ensuring the proper application and adherence by SMBC Aviation Capital and its employees to the various Compliance Policies and Procedures;
- Training and Communication: Provide support in the development and roll out of training and updates for all compliance matters;
- Reporting: Assist with the completion of periodic and event triggered internal and external reports to our Senior Management, Board of Directors, Shareholders and to the appropriate authorities;
- Records: Responsible for the maintenance of certain compliance registers (e.g. gifts & entertainment register, personal account dealing register)
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ previous experience within a compliance function with exposure to Customer Due Diligence and/or compliance screening;
- A relevant degree, professional qualification and/or compliance qualification is required;
- Experience of international finance and/ or aircraft leasing would be helpful but not essential.
- Communicate Openly: excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain issues clearly and assist in delivering solutions.
- Have a can–do attitude: enthusiastic about compliance matters.
- Do the right thing: diligent and hard-working with strong attention to detail.
- Lead by example: excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work well and accurately under pressure.
- Work together: ability to work well as part of a small team as well as collaborate with colleagues across the business.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.