Reporting to the EVP Treasury and located in Dublin, the AVP Treasury is a key member of the Corporate Finance team. The Corporate Finance team comprises of the Funding, Treasury and Investor Relations functions. The team has overall responsibility for the business’ liability management, including treasury risk management, liquidity management and fundraising, together with managing the relationships with our financiers.
The Treasury function is responsible for SMBC AC’s liquidity, interest rate risk management and reporting. Ensuring cash/liquidity is available when required and used efficiently and hedging on a portfolio basis in line with SMBC AC and shareholder policies.
The AVP Treasury is responsible for working with other members of the Corporate Finance team to support third party funding initiatives, cash management, monthly liquidity and risk reporting. The role will also include the administration and management of, SMBC AC’s loan facilities including any associated derivatives, Treasury Management System for deal capture, payments and bank accounts structure.
- Support corporate finance deal teams on both third party and shareholder debt facilities.
- Production of daily/weekly/monthly reporting on liquidity/rate risk for EVP Treasury/shareholder.
- Complete Hedge Effectiveness testing.
- Provide information to the Finance team as required and work with the Finance team on system/process improvements.
- Support EVP Treasury with cash and liquidity ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Daily cash square up, management and confirmation of daily Treasury payments, execution of internal funding and derivatives trades.
- Maintenance of Treasury Management System.
- Ensuring all treasury payments are made in a timely manner with all bank accounts funded appropriately.
- Supporting on projects including integration of newly acquired companies and systems.
- Working to improve processes cross functionally by using TMS knowledge.
- Providing support to Treasury team members as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience working within a Treasury team.
- Understanding of hedge accounting desirable.
- Understanding of the aviation finance and leasing industry advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail. Given the pivotal nature of the role, a “right first time” performance is expected.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to debate opinions.
- Ability to work within a team in a collaborative way and to leverage internal relationships to meet shared goals/objectives.
- Understanding of secured debt cash management desirable.
- Communicate Openly: strong negotiating and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have a can–do attitude: ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Do the right thing: highly organised, structured with strong attention to detail. Ability to prioritise tasks and escalate potential issues in a timely manner.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment.
- Work together: excellent ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.