AVP / VP Customer Operations – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
SMBC Aviation Capital is entering into a period of strategic change and ambitious growth and is investing in transforming our processes and services. The newly formed Customer Operations team is at the heart of this change and plays an integral role in delivering our customer centric strategy and supporting our customers’ needs. Delivering for our customers is at the heart of our business.
The Team has ambitious plans to provide industry leading customer service primarily through the implementation of innovative technology solutions.
The Customer Operations team sits within the Customer Operations and IT function. The Team has a broad remit; day-to-day activities include ensuring the integrity and completeness of up-to-date aircraft lease data held in SMBC AC systems, timely and accurate Accounts Receivables billing and associated reporting, responding to ad-hoc customer and internal stakeholder queries and Accounts Payable activity.
Reporting to the SVP Customer Operations and located in Dublin, the position of AVP / VP Customer Operations (12 Months Fixed Term Contract) is a key member of the Customer Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an efficient and seamless customer service to their portfolio of customers. They will identify, initiate and drive projects intended to improve and streamline the customer experience.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to join, experience and contribute to the business of one of the leading global aircraft leasing companies, and will be highly attractive to those interested in either developing their aviation career or those seeking to enter the aircraft leasing sector from another area within broader financial services.
- Assume responsibility for a customer portfolio (of owned and managed aircraft) –
- Ensure timely and accurate input and maintenance of all lease data to SMBC AC systems.
- Manage from receipt to resolution all queries received in relation to your portfolio of customers.
- Schedule and manage lease contract events – including but not limited to receivables & payables, audits, FHC Adjustments and all aspects of Letter of Credit and cash security data management.
- Manage the end-to-end Rent and MR utilisation & invoicing process.
- Adhere to agreed SLAs in relation to customer impacted operations.
- Coordinate and prioritise activity, report and escalate to management team, support colleagues in working through more complex queries.
- Support our colleagues across the business and the deal teams as required on customer queries, provide information needed to support business decisions and inform & educate on the impact of unusual lease provisions on the customer and SMBC AC.
- Demonstrate a customer centric mindset and strive to continuously improve processes
- Pro-actively develop good working relationships with counterparts in other teams across SMBC AC.
- Support projects and initiatives that leverage our IT platform and are in line with company objectives.
- Cover for and support Customer Operations colleagues when required.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify baseline metrics for interaction with customers, tracking and reporting these metrics to increase reliability in key interactions.
- Support the formal customer feedback process to include SLAs, management & escalation, process review and close out.
- Troubleshoot customer issues; consult and advise cross-functional teams to ensure processes and approaches result in efficient, high-quality service.
- Review errors and control breakdowns including identification, resolution, reporting, root cause analysis and remediating actions.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar operations role.
- Aircraft leasing experience in a Contract Management, Accounts Receivable or Data Management role a strong advantage.
- Ability and flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Strong, proven MS skills essential (particularly, PowerPoint and Excel). SQL and Advanced Excel an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent time management, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate Openly: strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have a can–do attitude: ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. Self-starter, ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Do the right thing: highly organised with strong attention to detail. Ownership of decision making.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment.
- Work together: excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.