SVP Commercial Negotiation & Execution – Customer Management
The Commercial Negotiation & Execution (CNX) function forms an integral part of both the delivery of our commercial strategy and management of our customers’ needs. Reporting to an EVP Commercial Negotiation & Execution and located in Dublin, the position of SVP Commercial Negotiation & Execution – Customer Management will be an influential member of the CNX function. Our customers are at the heart of our business and this customer-facing role is a key point of contact with the customer on all post-delivery activity providing the opportunity to work daily with customers, support and advocate on their behalf, as well as to join leasing and sale deal teams. This position will provide opportunities to collaborate with executive and management colleagues across the business and continuing development on your path to a successful career in aircraft leasing.
The CNX function reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and together with Airline Marketing (AM), Aircraft Trading (AT), Procurement, Technical, and Portfolio Risk Management, forms Team CCO.
The SVP CNX – Customer Management will assume responsibility for a portfolio of airline customers as well as mentoring colleagues both through demonstrating best practice and excellence in day-to-day customer interactions and through more structured development and learning initiatives. Working, as an influencer and leader, on projects and initiatives designed to improve the efficiency of our operations and the service level and quality we can deliver to Deal Teams and our customers will also be a key part of the role.
You will play an important leadership role in fostering the delivery by the team of a market leading customer service to enable SMBC Aviation Capital gain more value from its customer relationships along with shaping our approach to post-delivery customer relationships on behalf of the business. This will include the development of closer ties with other functions within Team CCO, the wider business and our customers as we increase collaboration to deliver a market leading customer experience that sets SMBC Aviation Capital apart from its peers.
- Assume responsibility for a customer portfolio (of owned and managed aircraft), manage from receipt to resolution, all customer queries; manage lease contract events - including receivables and customer facing aspects of Letter of Credit management.
- Co-ordination, oversight and management of all post-delivery customer activity for your portfolio.
- Develop a clear understanding of the needs of the customers within your portfolio. Ensure these needs are addressed in the creation and implementation of post-delivery customer plans for your portfolio, consistent with SMBC AC’s customer strategies, with the ultimate aim of cultivating and strengthening our customer relationships.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced colleagues in respect of customer needs and customer plans.
- Analyse customer relationships on an ongoing basis to identify trends and, where appropriate, take responsibility for ensuring processes and procedures provide the services our customers expect.
- Support Deal Teams, as required, to structure, negotiate and close a broad range of transactions for our customers. Join Deal Team meetings and provide customer information and advocacy, as required, in a timely and professional manner.
- Pro-actively develop good working relationships with counterparts in other teams working on projects for your customers, notably AM, AT, Technical and Portfolio Risk Management, but also Customer Operations and Finance.
- Develop and participate in training and mentoring plans for less experienced colleagues.
- Willingness to travel on assignment, from time to time, where required.
Qualifications & Experience
- You are likely to have a legal, accounting, business or engineering qualification with at least 7 years’ proven customer relationship management experience.
- Customer-oriented mindset is essential with strong knowledge of customer relationship management practices e.g. communication strategies, data gathering and analysis tools.
- A problem-solving attitude complemented by an ability to effectively use intuition and judgement to manage complex relationship and/or communication issues.
- High degree of commercial awareness with a clear track record of critical thinking and an ability to clearly understand and articulate issues and risks.
- Familiarity with the Lease and Letter of Credit documents is also desirable.
- Proven project management and problem-solving skills with an ability and flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Experience of or an openness to occasionally working hours to accommodate demands of different time zones.
- Strong, proven MS skills essential (particularly, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Communicate Openly: strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a capability to influence others.
- Have a can–do attitude: proven project management skills with an ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment. Also, self-starter, ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Do the right thing: highly organised, structured with strong attention to detail. Ownership of decision making. Ability to prioritise tasks and escalate potential issues in a timely manner.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment.
- Work together: excellent interpersonal skills and a team-player with an ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with colleagues, airlines, manufacturers, banks and other lessors.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.