SVP Customer Operations
SMBC Aviation Capital is entering into a period of strategic change and ambitious growth and is investing in transforming our processes and services. The newly formed Customer Operations team is at the heart of this change and plays an integral role in delivering our customer centric strategy and supporting our customers’ needs. Delivering for our customers and internal stakeholders is at the heart of our business.
The Customer Operations team sits within the Customer Operations and IT function. The Team has a broad remit; day-to-day activities include ensuring the integrity and completeness of up-to-date aircraft lease data held in SMBC AC systems, timely and accurate Accounts Receivables billing and associated reporting, responding to ad-hoc customer and internal stakeholder queries and Accounts Payable activity.
Reporting to the EVP Customer Operations and located in Dublin, the position of SVP Customer Operations is a senior member of the Customer Operations team. The SVP Customer Operations is responsible for providing an efficient and seamless customer service to a global portfolio of customers and internal stakeholders. The successful candidate will identify, initiate and drive projects intended to improve and streamline the customer experience.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to join, experience and contribute to the business of one of the leading global aircraft leasing companies, and will be highly attractive to those interested in developing their aviation career.
Leadership, Strategy & Planning
- Lead, manage and support a best-in-class team of Customer Operations professionals.
- Champion a culture of teamwork and continuous process improvements, to drive operational efficiency and scalability.
- As part of the Customer Operations leadership team, responsible for delivering the customer operations strategy.
- Promote a culture of world-class customer service within Customer Operations.
General Management & Controls
- Oversight of processes, controls and team training and development with a specific focus on lease contract data and receivables.
- Provide guidance to the team to ensure activities are completed in a timely manner, in line with customer expectations.
- Understand detailed corporate financial reporting requirements and relevant processes and deadlines.
- Work closely with stakeholders on transaction milestones to ensure timely and accurate data capture.
- Work with IT to develop an improved operational reporting framework.
- Establish and maintain robust internal controls framework.
- Support internal and external audits as necessary.
- Provide general and ad-hoc project support as needed.
- Provide leadership to teams when troubleshooting operational issues; consults and advises cross-functional teams to ensure processes and approaches result in efficient and high-quality service.
- Set and agree role objectives for team members and ensure challenging personal development plans are in place.
- Partner with key stakeholders such as Commercial Negotiation & Execution, Finance, Treasury, Technical Asset Management and Procurement to streamline processes and identify integration synergies and automation opportunities.
- Drive consistency and efficiencies across the team, ensuring accuracy and process compliance in line with customer expectations and SLAs.
- Utilise data analysis, AI tools and experienced insights to influence the design and ongoing optimisation of operations processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in a fast-paced, high volume, dynamic operations role.
- A proven track record of implementing successful transformation programs, to drive efficiencies, automation and transformation essential.
- Proven leadership or people management experience with the ability to develop and communicate a vision that inspires and motivates employees and aligns to AC’s business strategy.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, creative and strategic thinking.
- Aircraft leasing experience in a Contract Management, Accounts Receivable, Data Management or a Shared Services role a strong advantage.
- Experience with effective customer service software and workflows an advantage.
- Strong, proven MS skills essential (particularly, PowerPoint and Excel). SQL and Advanced Excel an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent time management, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate Openly: strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have a can–do attitude: ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. Self-starter, ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Do the right thing: highly organised with strong attention to detail. Ownership of decision making.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment.
- Work together: excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.