SVP Human Resources – Reward, Benefits & Policies
Following a period of rapid growth, including the recent acquisition of another aircraft leasing business, our HR function is expanding to meet the increased size, scale and complexity of our global business. This is a new and exciting phase for our HR function as we evolve our People Strategy and our HR offering to ensure we are market leading and future-fit to meet the needs of our growing business.
The Senior Vice President (SVP) Human Resources, with responsibility for Reward, Benefits & Policies will work with the Head of Human Resources and senior stakeholders globally, including our Executive Team, to shape our global compensation strategy. The successful candidate will continue to develop our rewards, benefits and policies to ensure we continue to attract, retain and develop a diverse pool of talent at all levels in our business, balanced with delivering value for the business across all global locations.
The role reports to the Head of Human Resources and, working with other HR team members, will enhance and shape a breadth of market leading reward strategies and initiatives spanning global pay, benchmarking, global benefits and policies, along with meeting all associated reporting and regulatory needs.
This role offers a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced senior HR professional to build a world leading compensation strategy and practices that will contribute significantly to the successful growth trajectory of our business.
You will have the opportunity to shape, develop and implement world leading pay and benefit structures, proactively shape policies and take a proactive approach to driving employer reporting e.g. gender pay gap reporting.
Compensation Strategy and Reward:
- Working with the Head of HR and other key stakeholders, develop a meaningful and targeted market leading reward system that aligns with our business objectives and maintains a competitive and equitable compensation and benefits structure that will attract, engage, recognise and reward a high performing, diverse pool of employees.
- Conduct regular market analyses to ensure salary and benefits remain competitive.
- Develop a market leading pay and reward framework in line with market benchmark data.
- Partner with our Tax team and external advisors to ensure compliance with relevant tax laws.
- Oversee the review, design, communication, and administration of employee benefit programs.
- Collaborate with external vendors to optimise benefits offerings.
- Work closely with HR colleagues to ensure a comprehensive and continuous link between performance and reward.
- Partner with managers to provide data and other support to assist recruitment and mobility decisions and pay and compensation discussions.
- Partner with the SVP HR Operations to ensure that the operations team has all inputs and data required to enable the preparation and processing of monthly payroll with support from the payroll / data analyst.
HR Policies and Employee Relations:
- Stay informed about International employment laws and regulations.
- Ensure we are compliant with all relevant regulatory requirements in all of the markets in which we operate.
- Review and develop HR policies and procedures to align with industry standards and regulatory requirements and work with the Global HR BP and senior stakeholders and managers to implement policies appropriately.
- Implement and monitor policies to ensure compliance in all regions of operation.
- Address and resolve employee queries related to pay, benefits, and policies.
- Design and implement policies that will continue to drive Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) policies and practices across our global business.
MI and Reporting:
- Build out and evolve our pay-related cost model to track costs and to manage budgets by function.
- With the support of the HR Operations team, deliver all regulatory reporting requirements and generate reports and insights for senior leadership, providing insights and recommendations with respect to pay and benefits.
- With the support of the HR operations team, proactively assess the effectiveness of compensation and benefits programs through the use of data analytics.
- Act as a trusted partner and advisor to managers in the business with respect to pay, benefits and policies.
- As a fast-paced agile HR team, the secret to our success is the ability to flex and to step in and support each other - there will be times when you will become involved in and support initiatives across the broader HR team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong reward background with significant experience designing pay and benefit strategies and policies across different jurisdictions and implementing same.
- Strategic vision for performance and reward and a track record of successfully implementing creative, world-class total performance and rewards programs.
- Understanding of business strategies, competitive challenges and the financial impact of HR decisions.
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a customer-focused mind-set are essential.
- Results orientated with a strong drive to improve business results, an ability to make decisions.
- Must be an excellent communicator and possess strong facilitation skills.
- Previous budget management experience.
- Communicate Openly: strong interpersonal, negotiating and communication skills, both written and verbal, with a capability to influence others.
- Have a can–do attitude: ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. Self-starter, ability to work independently using own initiative as well as to work collaboratively with others.
- Do the right thing: respect, integrity and adherence to the highest standards of confidentiality is essential.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment.
- Work together: a team-player with a proven ability to develop and foster strong working relationships both internally and externally.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.