VP Finance – Processes and Controls
Reporting to the SVP Finance (Process and Controls) and located in Dublin, the position of VP Finance is a key member of the team. The team responsibilities cover a wide range, including assessing the design and operating effectiveness of the control environment and identifying weaknesses across the business, acting as audit liaison for the Shareholder Internal Audit function, working with others across the business to document processes and identify improvement opportunities and driving and co-ordinating cross-functional teams to deliver on such improvement initiatives.
This position requires a self-starter, with the ability to use their own initiative. It will suit a candidate who has previous experience and proven ability of working in an autonomous manner.
This role represents a unique opportunity for candidates with vision, energy and ambition to also contribute to the rest of the Finance team and to the wider business, while working within a multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Work with teams across the business to ensure that internal controls in respect of financial reporting (process level, entity level and IT general controls) are designed and operating effectively.
- Drive and manage the internal control testing process.
- Manage the interaction with the external auditors around internal controls reviews and testing.
- Manage regular communication and collaboration with the shareholders representatives.
- Work with teams around the business to document processes and identify opportunities and issues.
- Co-ordinate and manage initiatives and projects with stakeholders across the company to drive efficiencies and improvement initiatives.
- Assist as point of liaison with the Shareholder based Internal Audit function, working with the business function and internal audit team to ensure an efficient and successful audit process.
- Remediation of issues identified throughout the business.
- Participate in process work-shops and document outputs.
- Contribute to other aspects of reducing risks across the business as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant honours degree together with a recognised accountancy qualification.
- 5+ years post qualified accounting experience.
- Experience in assessing financial controls in a large, complex business.
- Knowledge of IT controls is desirable.
- Proven track record working in a fast paced, dynamic, service orientated environment.
- Proven ability to build relationships across an organisation in order to drive and co-ordinate cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of the aviation industry, aircraft leasing or asset management advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, PowerBI & Word.
- Do the right thing: Excellent attention to detail and good numerical ability.
- Communicate Openly: Excellent communication skills, showing a particular strength in identifying and articulating issues and solutions.
- Have a can–do attitude: Drive and determination with a ‘can-do’ attitude, with the ability to pro-actively manage and co-ordinate multiple work-streams.
- Lead by example: Results focused with an ability and flexibility to work to deadlines.
- Work together: A self-starter using own initiative is particularly important in this role, but also key to have ability to work with others in a collaborative manner to ensure successful outcomes.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) is a core business objective within SMBC Aviation Capital.
All of our employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, ability, social background, place of employment or religion.