VP Technical Engineering
We now have a vacancy for a VP Technical Engineering on our Procurement team on a permanent contract basis. Reporting to the SVP Procurement, you will be specifically responsible for the configuration management of SMBC AC’s fleet. The role will be based in Dublin.
The Procurement team sit within the Technical Asset Management (TAM) function and are primarily responsible for all BFE, materials and modification/STC procurement. They manage the relationships with our BFE and Part 21 solution providers and advise the business on configuration management, plan the reconfiguration of aircraft coming off lease and handle all materials and logistics. Working with the Technical Project Managers, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing modifications needed for each redelivery, prepare budgets for the necessary transition work, liaise with the Procurement team to analyse lead time risks, source modifications, understand jurisdictional differences from an airworthiness/operational perspective and optimise the cost of the transition.
You have the opportunity of joining the Procurement team to support their achievement of the business strategy.
- Review mandates that will affect the fleet, assess their impact and devise solutions
- Analyse all roll-off assets and plan reconfiguration modifications necessary
- Draft budgets for aircraft reconfigurations and plan around lead time constraints
- Develop and manage relationships with Part21 solution providers
- Manage relationships with OEM aftermarket solutions
- Advise management on strategies for asset redeployment
Qualifications & Experience
- An Engineering or Technical qualification in Aviation with deep knowledge of aircraft specifications is required
- A track record of several years in Part 21 design work is essential
- Experience with the engineering design work on lease returns, particularly for narrowbody aircraft on cabin, systems and avionics
- Strong relationships with existing Part 21 solution providers and OEM Services
- Excellent planning skills and knowledge of aircraft systems
- Willingness to travel extensively, occasionally at short notice
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate demands of different time zones.
- Communicate Openly: strong communication skills, both written and verbal with an ability to distil complex technical issues for non-technical colleagues. Strong ability to form and communicate reasoned opinions and debate those opinions as required.
- Have a can–do attitude: ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. Self-starter, ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Do the right thing: highly organised with strong attention to detail. Ownership of decision making and a solution-oriented approach to issues.
- Lead by example: high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
- Work together: an ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers.